The ideal Public Relations Officer will be an excellent mediator with strong communication skills – both oral and, preferably, with at least basic skills in South African Sign Language. They will assist the Vice President in discharging the duties required by this portfolio and ensure that SADRA’s public image is maintained in a positive, constructive light.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist all other roleplayers in all aspects of Public Relations, both at SADRA and Provincial level.
- Assist with management of press releases, social media, advertising etc as falls within the scope of Public Relations.
- Hold veto power over brand alignment in terms of sponsorship agreements where the Vice President is not available to do so or delegates them to do so.
- Serve as a voting member on the SADRA Executive Committee
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience working with the Deaf community is preferred.
- Knowledge of SASL is preferred.
- Computer/technology literate.
- Experience in a public relations capacity is preferred.
Apply by submitting a CV not longer than 2 pages using the form below.
Volunteer, potential for remuneration based on sponsorship commissions & growth of the organization.