The ideal provincial chairperson will be a strong leader with excellent communication skills. They will need to network with various stakeholders and manage a committee effectively.
Where a province is unable to field a full team on its own, the provincial chairperson will be co-opted to serve with a franchise XV until such time as their province is able to stand alone. Their responsibilities will still encompass as many of the regular responsibilities as possible in preparation for a full role in future.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Manage provincial committees.
- Ensure that rules and regulations pertaining to their province’s participation in SADRA events are met.
- Make contact with and pass on potential sponsors to the Marketing Team.
- Manage sponsors for their own province.
- Manage recruitment of players, coaches, and other administrative staff within their province.
- Manage bookings and coordination of required goods and services for SADRA events in coordination with Marketing & the President.
- Serve as a voting member on the SADRA Executive committee.
Qualifications and experience:
- Boksmart is preferred.
- Experience working with the Deaf community is preferred.
- Knowledge of SASL is preferred.
- Computer/technology literate.
Apply below by submitting a CV not longer than 2 pages, which will be forwarded to the relevant Provincial committee (where it exists – where committees do not exist, the SADRA Executive Committee will be in touch to assist with setting up in the province)
Volunteer, potential for remuneration based on sponsorship commissions & growth of the organization.