The ideal President will be a strong leader with excellent communication skills – both oral and, preferably, with at least basic skills in South African Sign Language. They will need to be able to effectively run a committee, be a skilled mediator, have impeccable project management skills, and be able to adhere to and apply the SADRA constitution.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of event organisation to ensure all relevant personnel are on task, on deadline, and focused on the success of the event.
- Mediate in disputes between various roleplayers within SADRA (eg – appeals regarding quotes where Marketing & Provincial Chairpersons are at odds)
- Oversee, in conjunction with the Marketing Team, arrangements for the Stones Cup tournament and other SADRA events, if any.
- Appoint the National Selection Committee to select and announce the national team.
- Oversee all ad hoc and other committees as required by the Constitution
- Chair all official SADRA meetings
- Act as direct liaison with SARU
- Serve as a voting member on the SADRA Executive Committee
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience working with the Deaf community is preferred.
- Knowledge of SASL is preferred.
- Computer/technology literate.
- Experience in a leadership capacity, preferably in a rugby-related post, preferred.
Confirm acceptance of your nomination by submitting a CV, in .pdf format and not longer than 2 pages, using the form below.
Volunteer, potential for remuneration based on sponsorship commissions & growth of the organization.